- Do you have a kayak? Or maybe you've been planning on getting one this season. Want some help deciding?
- Who will you paddle with? Where will you paddle?
- And how will you learn some of the ins and outs of sea kayaking?
- Inland Sea Kayakers is made up of kayakers of all ages and abilities. We share a joy of getting out on the water and paddling!
- ISK fosters a friendly environment where new skills can be learned and existing skills can be polished.
The club hosts a program meeting on the third Monday of each month September through May. Programs include feature presentations by clubmembers and guest speakers. Some events are Zoom presentations.
- ISK paddles all year round, although most of our paddling occurs in the warmer weather.
- The club offers both overnight and day trips for kayakers of all levels. Favorite destinations include Lake Superior, Lake Mille Lacs, Voyageurs National Park, the Mississippi River and the St. Croix River.
- We gather to paddle every Wednesday night from May through September. All are welcome to these informal rendezvous on Bde Maki Ska.
- Sunday morning we have skills sessions at Bush Lake in Bloomington.
- During the winter, we enjoy the warmth of indoor paddling with weekly pool sessions.
- Check the Event Calendar for up to date information on times and locations.
Instruction & Safety
ISK is a safety oriented club. Members are required to wear a PFD/lifejacket and spray skirt on club paddles.
Check the Event Calendar for the latest learning opportunities.
- Frequent email newsletters
- Connections to other kayakers
- Kayaking classes
- Website kept up-to-date daily, full of resources
- Winter pool sessions
- Access to our web site which includes members only online forums to schedule impromptu trips, sell gear and equipment
- Opportunities for members only trips